IP UserGroup International PRIVACYPOLICY
How we obtain personal data about you - You do not have to provide any personal data in order to view the public areas of this site. However, if you wish to subscribe to IP UserGroup International, then you will need to provide some basic information. We also obtain your personal data when you visit our website. Please see below under “Cookies” for further information
Subscription - Subscription includes a quarterly email notification containing the link to the digital version of the portal, a bi-weekly newsletter, access to the event registration system and occasional emails with details of other products and services we think might be of interest to you. The personal data we will collect for your subscription includes your:
• Name, job title and industry sector
• Postal address and telephone number
• Email address
You can unsubscribe at any time, by clicking Unsubscribe on the next email you receive –this will unsubscribe you from all items.
Security of your personal information - We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password-and firewall-protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Third party websites - The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.
IP UserGroup International information - Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data controller - The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is IP UserGroup International.
Our Intent. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of users to our site and we will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the relevant legislation, in particular the General Data Protection
Regulations. Data Subject’s Terms & Conditions. This Privacy Notice forms part of our Terms & Conditions and should be read by Data Subjects, i.e. “you,” or any identifiable person using this site and IP UserGroup International services (see below).
Purpose of Processing Personal Data. We collect personal data for two reasons. Firstly, to administer your subscription and secondly, to provide you with the best possible service, including providing promotions on behalf of our third-party partners.
Lawful Basis of Processing Personal Data. The lawful basis of processing your personal data are as follows:
• Legitimate Interest. As part of general marketing activities, IP UserGroup International’s Legitimate Interest is to collect your personal data when you visit this website.
• Consent. Once you have agreed to this Privacy Notice of our Terms & Conditions, we will process your personal data on the basis of Consent.
Categories of Personal Data Processed. The information we hold should be accurate and up to date. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. The type or categories of personal data we will collect about you includes your:
• Name, job title and industry sector
• Postal address and telephone number
• Email address
Sale or Passing of Personal Data to Third Parties. We will not sell or pass your personal data to any company.
Data Subject’s Rights. You have a number of Rights: Right of Access. You are entitled to access your personal data so that you are aware of and can verify the lawfulness of the processing. This is achieved through the mechanism of Subject Access Rights (SAR) and you have the right to obtain:
• Confirmation that your data is being processed;
• Access to your personal data (a copy); and•
• Other supplementary information, which corresponds to the information in this privacy notice.
Fees and Timings. This information will be provided without charge; without delay and within one month. If an extension is required or requests are considered manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because they are repetitive, IP UserGroup International may choose to: charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information; or refuse to respond. The reasons for this will be formally notified to you and your rights to appeal to the appropriate supervisory authority will be highlighted.
Identify Verification. To protect your personal data, IP UserGroup International will seek to verify your identity before releasing any information, which will normally be in electronic format.
Right of Rectification. You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. IP UserGroup International will respond within one month of your request. In the unlikely event IP UserGroup International does not take action to the request for rectification, IP UserGroup International will inform you of your rights to complain or seek judicial remedy.
Right of Erasure. You may request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. The Right to Erasure does not provide an absolute ‘right to be forgotten, ’especially once the processing is based upon a contract. However, you do have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
• Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed;
• When you withdraw consent (and this is the basis of processing);
• When you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing;
• The personal data was unlawfully processed;
• The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation; and
• The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child, which IP UserGroup International does not provide.
Right to Restrict Processing. You have a right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data. When processing is restricted, IP UserGroup International is permitted to store the personal data, but not further process it.In this event exactly what is held and why will be explained to you.
Right to Data Portability. You may request to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. This allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability. The Right to Data Portability only applies:
• To personal data you have provided to IP UserGroup International;
• Where the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract; and
• When processing is carried out by automated means. In these circumstances IP UserGroup International will provide a copy of your data in CSV format, free of charge, without undue delay and within one month. If there is a delay to this, you will be informed.
Right to Object. You have the right to object to:
• •Processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
• •Direct marketing (including profiling); and
• •Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
IP UserGroup International do not participate in the first and third activities, however we do conduct marketing activities as explained above.
• Automated Decision Making and Profiling. IP UserGroup International does not employ any automated decision-making or conduct profiling of Data Subjects. However, if you have consented to be held on our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) data base we may periodically send you marketing information. These will be automated but they do not involve automated decision-making or profiling.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why? The information we collect from you enables us to fulfil your request for our products: namely, to administer your subscription to IP UserGroup International and to send you information or content in which you may be interested, and keep you abreast of any updates related to our Site. Information
We may also use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics to track usage of our Site. We may use the information gathered through these methods in anonymous or aggregated form to analyse ways to improve our Site. This information may also be associated with your username or email address and may be combined with other information, including personally identifiable information that we collect about you.
Clear GIFs, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Site Analytics. As noted, we may use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Site. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Site. We use these tools to help us improve our Site, performance and user experiences.
How Do We Use Your Information? We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
• To fulfil your orders or otherwise provide services related to your Account to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Site, your Account and/or products that we offer or make available through the Site, and for other customer service purposes.
• To respond to any inquiries, you submit to us.
• To carry out or enforce a transaction or agreement with us.
• To operate and improve the Site.
• Where permitted by law, for marketing and promotional purposes; for example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to email you news and our newsletters, special offers, and promotions.
• To better understand how users access and use our Site and Account, both on an aggregated and individualised basis, for the purposes of improving our Site.
Third Party Website Links. Our Site may contain links to other third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
How We Secure Information About You. We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, SSL, firewalls, and internal restrictions on who may access data to protect our Site and the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee100% security all of the time.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorised access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your password private. Also, you should never share your log-in information with others. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorised password activity.
Changing Personal Information? You may modify any personal information that you have submitted by using the Update Profile option on any of the emails we sent you.
Emails. We may send periodic emails to interested users regarding various promotions or other information that we believe may be of interest to our users. If we send you any news and newsletters, special offers, promotions or other information we think may interest you, you may tell us to stop sending you such e-mail communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail.
Please note that it may take up to ten (10) days for us to process opt-out requests. Please note if you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account you have requested or received from us
IP UserGroup International Ltd, 22/04/2021 – www.ipusergroupinternational.org